Thursday, April 15, 2010

I am feeling much better

All your prayers much have been heard. After an upset stomach in the evening I tried to sleep it off under my card board home, it worked. I woke up at 6:30am feeling great. So far the experience has been quite eye opening. We are all living in community and as a community we have split up chores. My cooking hasn't been as hectic as I thought because of all the great help everyone is putting into meals. We have groups that walk and buy the meals at a local grocery store and usually have about five people preparing the meal. Yesterday we had bean tostadas for lunch, and rice, beans, and tortillas for dinner. Today we had hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, and toast for breakfast. For lunch we enjoyed rice and beans with tortillas and for dinner the group is having baked potatoes. We have actually been doing quite well with our budget and all of our meals together are less than $2. With the leftover money we have decided as a group to treat ourselves to something nice Friday, the last day. We plan on adding coffee to the menu and fresh fruit. The group was even thinking about a barbecue for our debrief session but of course "I've rather not" ;)

Thanks again for all your support!!!
Love,
Maira

No comments: