Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Monday [=

You know, we always seem to see Monday as a drag, but I am especially thankful for today, even if I didn’t get off to a great start. I woke up late, and there was no electricity. I didn’t have time to eat breakfast, and when I started walking to work it began to rain (and yes--I forgot my umbrella). I eventually got to work (a little wet but I got there), had a devotional, and ate a little bread to calm my stomach, all three a blessing. When it was time for lunch I decided to walk home and make something instead of buying lunch. I was planning on making instant soup, since it’s cheap and easy, plus something hot seemed about right for a rainy day. But my host mom had other plans (did I mention she is 95?!). She was really glad to see me there for lunch; she got really exited because today they were having mainly veggies. She served me what they were having for lunch but excluded the chicken. I had white rice, beans, steamed vegetables, avocado, and a green salad. Her hospitality warms my heart.

I came back to the office, this time with an umbrella, and now I am writing this blog. So as you can see, there are several reasons why I am happy today. The first one, it’s raining and there is a cool breeze; I love the change from the typical hot and humid days. Second, the fact that I woke up late meant that I got more sleep. Yes, there was no electricity, but it always seems to fail at least two to three times a day. This will make me appreciate this scarce resource and use it more wisely when I get back home. I got to spend my lunch time with my host family and didn’t have to pay for a meal.

But most importantly, I am thankful for the opportunity that God gives me to start this week. According to WikiAnswers, about 250,000-300,000 people die in a 24-hour time span, so I am thankful that I am alive and healthy I am thankful for this Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will enter his gates with thanksgiving in my heart.

I will enter his courts with praise.

I will say Monday is the day that the Lord has made.

I will rejoice!

I will be glad!

I will rejoice!

I will be glad!

grl