Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tiny update

So I had an amazing weekend! I went to Samana with five other volunteers. I will hopefully post pictures of this trip later. I have a really good story to tell--wish I had more than five minutes to type this up, but I am about to head out to teach English. Since I don’t anticipate having much computer time this week, I wanted to let you all know I was still alive, and also share a little bit about what I am doing. I am currently translating for Breen, a nurse with a public health backgroup that is volunteering for Esperanza. She is from Seattle and is here to give advice to the Esperanza and Caridad clinic. She is also going to write up an update about the services and programs that the clinic provides to help generate donations from the US. We also plan on putting up an art gallery online (the clinic has a bunch of donated paintings from famous artists that did not sell in an auction).

So that is all for now. Much love,
Maira

No comments: