Tuesday, March 23, 2010

We changed our minds...next trip... Dominican Republic

When my parents announce that I had a choice of a graduation present, one being a trip to any country I wanted, I not only expressed shock but a lot of excitement. My first choice was the Dominican Republic. But there was one exception to my present, my sister would have to approve and come with me. The trip then became a trio when my friend Paola decided to join us in our unknown journey. We had all decided on Peru since it was a country that we all found interesting and worthwhile to explore, but at the last minute when it came to purchasing tickets, Paola didn’t seem so sure anymore. She was scared. I don’t blame her it can definitely be scary to travel outside the country for the first time, in exception to Baja. So in our struggle to find common ground, and after other options were thrown on the table, we decided to go the Dominican Republic. This would be a safer choice considering the DR is close to the US and being been there before I have contacts of people I trust. I couldn’t have been more thrilled at our choice. As much I want to one day go to Peru I am ecstatic to be able to visit my friends that I left behind last year. We purchased out plane tickets this evening, we leave May 26th and return June 9th. I’ll keep you posted on more details as the time approaches.

1 comment:

Em said...

hey congrats on graduating soon, and enjoy your trip back to the DR!