Friday, June 26, 2009

A small problem

I was debating if I should post something about this or not. Even though I am still not fully convinced it’s a good idea, I want to let my friends and family know what I am going through right now so they can pray for me. I’ve been having some intense bruise-type pain in my lower back. At first I didn’t think much of it, assuming that it must be a minor injury that I incurred while riding dirtbikes (the roads are very bumpy). But the pain has gotten worse to the point that it’s uncomfortable to sit, lay and sometimes even walk. I’ve visited a doctor yesterday but to my disappointment she didn’t seem to know much about it. (She suggested it was from my mosquito allergy; I disagree.) I saw another doctor today who thinks it might be a cist, and therefore sent me off to get a blood and urine test. I have the results now and I am waiting to go see the doctor when Esmeida returns from an assessment in Boca Chica. From reading the results it seems that I have low Hemogram HCT a 35.6% when the average is 37-50%. I also have a slightly high number of neutrophils 70.7% (average is 45-70%), and finally a low count of Lymphocytes 20.6% (average is 25-40%). But from what I can study in the results this still points out to be normal. By being normal it does point closer to the probability of the supposed “injury” to be a cist. So I might have to do a sonogram and if it proves to be a cist there is a chance it could be malignant (cancer) and would need to be removed with surgery.

Anyway I hope this isn’t scaring my parents; I really don’t think it is going to be bad, and if it is then it is in God’s plan. But as for now I am just waiting to go see the doctor. I wanted to throw this out there so you can pray for me.

Thanks. In this journey together,
Maira

2 comments:

Rob Gailey said...

Maira,

Keep us posted. We'll be praying for a reduction in pain and complete healing.

Rob

NOEMI said...

Sorry to hear about your back. I don't want to worry Mom and Dad so I will not make any commments in regards to your health until you get your final results. The good news is that before reading this blog I went to prayer with Becky, which means I already prayed for you :)Hope you feel better and everyone here in S.D sends their love and wishes through me. ttyl.